What rights do I have as a landlord or a tenant?
Legal assistance attorneys are knowledgeable in all areas of landlord and tenant law. Some of the basic questions that come up with our clients include:
- What do I do when I get an eviction notice?
- What do I do when my lease is up?
- The heating/air conditioning/fridge/stove is not working, what are my rights?
- My tenant stopped paying rent, how do I evict them?
- My landlord comes in and out of the property without telling me, what are my rights?
- I am afraid of not getting my security deposit back, how do I go about making sure I get my security deposit?
The South Carolina Bar Association makes available a basic overview of your rights as a tenant or a landlord in South Carolina.
Tenants’ Rights and the Law