Real ID Compliance
In accordance with MARADMIN 108/23, non-REAL-ID compliant driver’s licenses or identification cards are no longer authorized for use to access Marine Corps installations. Effective immediately, all visitors with non-REAL-ID driver’s license and state issued identification cards requesting access to MCRD Parris Island must provide an approved identity source document or combination thereof to access the installation.
Forms of Identification
Non-REAL IDs typically contain markings like "Not Valid for Federal Purposes," "Not For Use as Federal Identification," or "Federal Limits May Apply." For those who possess a non-REAL ID, a combination of other identifications are required.
Visitors to MCRD Parris Island will provide one REAL ID or two other original forms of valid identification, for the purpose of identity proofing to receive base access. One form of ID must be from the list below. The second form can be from the list below or can be the individual's social security card or birth certificate.
- DoD Common Access Card
- DoD USID Card
- REAL ID compliant or enhanced driver's license or non-driver's identification card
- U.S. Passport or U.S. passport card
- Foreign passport bearing an unexpired immigrant or non-immigrant visa or entry stamp
- Foreign passport with a current arrival-departure record, U.S. Customs and Border Protection Form I-94 bearing the same name as the passport, and containing an endorsement of the alien's non-immigrant status indicating that status authorizes the alien to work for the employer.
- Veteran's Health Identification Card (VHIC)
- Non-Federal PIV-interoperable (PIV-I) card
- Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC)
For families traveling to MCRD Parris Island for Family Day or Graduation Day activities, please travel with valid forms of identification.
The Provost Marshal Office performs background checks for individuals requesting base access and must verify one of the following before granting anyone base access:
- An individual has a REAL-ID compliant driver's license/identification card.
- An individual has an appropriate combination or alternate documents for identity proofing purposes.
Additional information regarding REAL-ID is available via Department of Homeland Security (DHS) at www.dhs.gov/real-id.