The Command Inspector General (CIG) promotes readiness, institutional integrity, effectiveness, discipline, and credibility through impartial and independent inspections, assessments, inquiries, investigations, teaching, and training throughout Marine Corps Recruit Depot Parris Island and the Eastern Recruiting Region. The CIG manages the hotline program and serves as the request mast review authority for the commanding general. Additionally, the CIG processes all congressional and special interest inquiries directed to the command.
- Per DepO 5041.3U, the CIG plans and executes biennial inspections on all subordinate O-6 and O-5 commands.
- Inspections will be conducted on a short-notice, typically less than four-calendar-days.
- Inspections will be conducted on applicable critical or required evaluation functional areas. The most current list of core functional areas and their checklists can be found at Functional Area Checklists (FACs) (marines.mil).
- Courtesy inspections should be requested via the MCRD Parris Island/Eastern Recruiting Region general or special staff section that has cognizance over the functional area in question. If unsure of the cognizant section, please contact the CIG.
- The hotline program exists to ensure allegations of fraud, waste, abuse, mismanagement, misconduct, and whistleblower reprisal are properly recorded and routed for action by the appropriate office or agency, and to provide assistance services and referrals for non-IG matters. Please see the Inspector General of the Marine Corps Assistance and Hotline Division’s website for issues that are not appropriate to be submitted via the hotline program at Assistance and Hotline Division (marines.mil).
- Complaints or requests for assistance can be submitted via e-mail, fax, mail, telephone, or in-person. See contact information for each of these methods below. Please also note that all complaints will be acknowledged by the CIG in writing. If you do not receive a written acknowledgement within three business days of submission, resubmit your complaint or contact the CIG.
- Anyone can submit a complaint; however, first-party vice third-party complaints are always encouraged.
- Individuals are encouraged to seek resolution at the lowest-level possible and use their chain of command/supervisory chain whenever practical/feasible.
- Complaints should be filed in as timely a manner as possible (relative to the causal event or knowledge of the causal event).
- Confidentiality is essential to the integrity of the IG process. Confidentiality will be ensured to the maximum extent possible. However, confidentiality can never be fully guaranteed.
- For all written complaints, please use either:
- The Inspector General of the Marine Corps Hotline application (use Google Chrome) – found at https://hotline.usmc.mil – ensure you select the MCRD Parris Island/ERR IG’s office when prompted for which IG’s office to send your complaint.
- The MCRD Parris Island/ERR hotline form – found at New MCRD Hotline Form 2.pdf (marines.mil) – ensure you complete and sign the fillable .pdf and submit it using one of the contact methods provided.
DEPOT/ERR HOTLINE COMPLAINT FORM
REQUEST MAST FORM
MCO 1700.23G (REQUEST MAST PROCEDURES)
DEPO 5041.3U (CGIP)
DEPO 5370.8 (HOTLINE)
Mailing Address: Commanding General, ATTN: Command Inspector, P.O. Box 19580, MCRD/ERR Parris Island, SC 29905-9580
Physical Address: Room 135, Building 154, Santo Domingo Street, Parris Island, SC 29905-9580