Map of Beaufort, SC
Visitor's Map to Parris Island
National Weather Service
Much of the information regarding parking passes found on unofficial sites around the internet is obsolete.
Vehicle/parking passes are not required for typical daily visitors of Parris Island, such as those coming for graduation and other related events. There is only one road on and off Parris Ssland, and having a vehicle pass won't make getting on base any faster.
Driving from the North
- Take I-95 until you reach South Carolina exit 33. This will take you to Route 17.
- Take it until you reach Route 21 South toward Beaufort.
- From Route 21 south, you will make a right turn onto Route 280 shortly after passing Marine Corps Air Station Beaufort.
- Continue traveling for approximately 6 miles. Route 280 eventually turns into Route 802. You will see a sign for Parris Island.
The off-ramp to Parris Island is on the right side of the road, and it will take you to the front gate.
Driving from the South
- Take exit 8 from I-95, this is US-278 East (going toward Bluffton/Beaufort/Hilton Head Island)
- Turn left onto SC-141. (almost 4 miles)
- Turn left onto SC-170 Norht/ Okatie Hwy and continue driving on this road for about 10 miles.
- Turn right onto Savannah Hwy / SC-802.
- Continue to follow SC-802, bearing right. (about 4 miles)
- You will see a sign for Parris Island.
Pay close attention -- Many of the signs toward Beaufort and/or Parris Island are small or obstructed.
Getting onto the base on a family day Thursday or graduation Friday can take up to 45 minutes, so please prepare for delays.
The nearest major airports to Parris Island are:
Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport (SAV) and Hilton Head Airport (HHH).
The next closest airport is Charleston International Airport (CHS) .