Unit HomeCentennial Celebration
MCRD Parris Island


MCRD Parris Island

Eastern Recruiting Region

"We Make Marines"
Historical Photos
Parris Island's Centennial Celebration
On Nov. 1, 1915, Parris Island was designated as a Marine Corps recruit depot, and it has been the birthplace of new Marines ever since. Beginning in May, MCRD Parris Island will host events to celebrate and honor this momentous event with the culmination of the celebration occurring in mid-October.